Working Wardrobes – “At A Glance”
· Working Wardrobes empowers men, women, young adults, and veterans overcoming difficult challenges to confidently enter the workforce and achieve self-sufficiency. We provide career training, job placement assistance and wardrobe services in an environment of dignity and respect.
· Working Wardrobes’ CareerCenter and DonationCenter are located at 3030 Pullman St. in Costa Mesa, Calif. Clients are served daily by appointment.
o The Career Center is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
o The Donation Center is open Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Additional information about Working Wardrobes can be found on the website: www.workingwardrobes.org. Working Wardrobes is also on Facebook and Twitter @WorkingWardrobe.
· In 1990, Working Wardrobes began with a handful of people who felt compelled to make a difference in the lives of domestic violence victims. Disturbed by the growing statistics of domestic violence, Founder and CEO Jerri Rosen, along with five friends, set out on a mission to help. The first-ever Day of Self Esteem served as a life-changing experience for the both the clients and organizers, and created a foundation to build Working Wardrobes into a thriving organization dedicated to helping clients achieve self-sufficiency.
· Now in its 22nd year, the independent nonprofit organization has served more than 55,000 adults emerging from some of life’s most difficult challenges by providing:
o Professional wardrobe selected with the help of personal shoppers
o Career readiness and life skills workshops on resume writing, interviewing, job searching, financial literacy and much more
o Three annual motivational, wardrobe and grooming events: Career Success Graduation (formerly known as Day of Self Esteem) for women and for men, and Dream Girls & Distinguished Gentlemen Prom Event (formerly Cinderellas for Life) for teens
o Certification in customer service and retail sales through the National Retail Foundation